July 8, 2017 — New HVAC operational
- HVAC — New “mega” air conditioning unit is operational in the shelter.
- Controller resets fixed — Our remotely-controlled power switch is suspect for thermal-related power glitches that were causing the repeater controller to reboot. That was resolved by the lower shelter temperature from the new AC. The power switch will be replaced next maintenance visit.
July 1, 2017 — General Maintenance
- Firmware updates — firewall, power switch, web cameras, internet switch, etc.
- General maintenance, power level & SWR testing, battery backup testing.
- Calibrated several temperature and voltage sensors and alarms.
- Installed remote controlled rack lighting to better view rack settings via the web cam.
June 30, 2017 — 900 MHz Repeater Removed
- 900 Repeater removed — Permanently removed the 900 MHz linked repeater from 435 and the Shelter.
March 26, 2017 — RF Power Amp Replacement (Emergency Visit)
- RF Amplifier Replaced; Thermal Failure — Our 2m RF amplifier failed due to thermal issues. The HVAC in the repeater shelter failed and the LC audio filters we had installed on the amp’s cooling fans had slightly reduced their speed. Luckily, Roger had recently built and installed a coax relay panel so we can bypass the amplifier via the Internet. We remotely bypassed the amp and ran on 15w TX exciter power for a couple days. Roger visited the mountain solo and found that the amplifier’s internal breaker had tripped. After reseting, he determined that the amp’s output power was at 50% and one of the power transistors had failed. Roger replaced the amplifier and did a field modification so that all three of the PA’s fans are blowing 100% of the time. He also powered the fans with an isolated 12v power supply which greatly reduced the fan noise entering our Internet VoIP audio links.
March 9, 2017 — Hub Internet Gigabit Upgrade:
- The 435 off-hill Internet hub was upgraded to a gigabit fiber connection.
- The hub.your435.com IP address was changed. Make sure you’re using hub.your435.com in your client configurations.
March 3, 2017 — Repeater site visit :
- Internet — Mountaintop Internet link rebuilt for more reliability and performance. Replaced all the Internet gear, and reconfigured our power management.
- Fan noise — Added LC filters on each of the three RF amplifier DC fans. Audible fan noise on the VoIP links is fixed.
- Battery backup — Added coax relay to bypass the TX amplifier when commercial power is out. This configuration will keep the repeater on the air for several days at lower transmit power when commercial and generator power fail.
February 24, 2017 — Storm-related Internet and power generator repairs
November 18, 2016 — Maintenance
July 12, 2016 — Maintenance
August 28, 2016 — Maintenance
September 21, 2015 — VoIP Audio Quality Work
August 6, 2015 — Maintenance
July 30, 2015 — Maintenance
July 9, 2015 — Maintenance
May 13, 2015 — Maintenance
May 7, 2015 — Maintenance
March 11, 2015 — Rack cleanup (Roger)
March 10, 2015 — Internet stack improvements (UFC and Roger)
February 12, 2015 — Maintenance
February 11, 2015 — Removed all Equipment from Oat Mountain
September 24, 2014 — Oat Mountain Repeater Maintenance
July 9, 2014 — Santiago Peak Repeater Installation
July 5, 2014 — Oat Mountain Partial Equipment Removal
April 26, 2014 — Oat Mountain Repeater Maintenance (Roger & Rumas)
August 5, 2013 — Oat Mountain Repeater Handoff Meeting (Roger & Shelter Owner)