Repeater Equipment Status
Hub Internet upgrade:
March 9, 2017 — Done. The 435 Internet hub was upgraded to a gigabit fiber connection. The hub.your435.com IP address was changed, so make sure you’re using hub.your435.com in your client configurations and not the old IP address.
Repeater site visit March 3, 2017:
- Internet — Mountaintop Internet link rebuilt for more reliability and performance. Replaced all the Internet gear, and reconfigured our power management.
- Fan noise — Added LC filters on each of the three RF amplifier DC fans. Audible fan noise on the VoIP links is fixed.
- Battery backup — Added coax relay to bypass the TX amplifier when commercial power is out. This configuration will keep the repeater on the air for several days at lower transmit power when commercial and generator power fail.
- 2m TX Antenna — Our transmit antenna is out of alignment due to February 2017 Storms. The two Los Angeles bays have shifted towards Orange County. San Diego bays still on target. Tower climbers will realign it soon.
- 900 MHz TX — Still has an issue related to the antenna and/or feed line. Need to schedule a tower climb to replace.