How to talk on the 147.435 Southern California repeater
Radio frequency (RF):
- Output: 147.435 MHz
- Input: 146.400 MHz (103.5 PL)
- Node 41836 K6MWT 435 Hub (Transceive)
- Node 747565 K6MWT-R (Offline as of 4/2/2017)
- 435 was banned by Echolink on April 2, 2017 due to violation of #6 of their loosely defined guidelines. It seems the gutter parlance language that the FCC now allows on the Amateur Radio service is not acceptable to Echolink. They are a private service and can ban anyone for any reason.
- See the Echolink “guidelines” here: http://www.echolink.org/access_policies.htm
Private Internet VoIP:
- Asterisk — Private IAX user clients and repeater links.
- To request access, email email@example.com.
- Once you have been given credentials, connect using a free phone/computer IAX application such as Zoiper.
- Instructions on setting up Zoiper for 435 are here.
- VoIP users are held to a higher standard than 2m RF users. 435 is first and foremost a Southern California 2m repeater. VoIP accounts are per individual and will be terminated if abused or shared.
- The VoIP real time status is public: http://hub.your435.com
Dial-in phone numbers are available for special occasional guests. To request a temporary personal phone number, email firstname.lastname@example.org.