435 is a free speech repeater, but long term jamming and long term playing of recordings is not acceptable; it adds no value. Several 435 stations have expressed interest in helping with direction finding of the interference.
Direction Finding Reports
You can send your reports here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For bearings, it’s most helpful if you provide the following info:
- Your location in GPS coordinates, address, or nearest cross streets.
- The bearing to the station on the 146.400 Mhz input in either magnetic (compass) or true (adjusted) coordinates.
- The approximate signal strength.
- Any other notable signal characteristics.
If you DF to a specific address, please do not confront, vandalize, or harm the operator/station. Report the suspected address and the procedure you used to determine that location, e.g. third harmonic, antenna off, body shield, etc.
Please don’t publish bearings and addresses publicly.
The FCC-approved process is:
- Acquire triangulation via bearings; addressees if possible.
- Report to FCC field office with as much information as possible.
- FCC field office will verify and do station inspection, prosecute, etc.
We have created a map/GIS database to track all reporting bearing and address/area reports. This will allow for analysis and prediction or likely targets for further action by the FCC. Send reports to email@example.com.
The 435 Direction Finding Kits
We have acquired DF kits containing:
- MK4 DF Sniffers
- BC-146 DF Antennas
- Suunto M-3 Compasses
Once we have completed field trials, these kits will be available to borrow by the 435 community.
You can order your own DF kit from:
- Antenna and MK4: from http://www.rdfantennas.com/index.php
- Compass: from REI, Amazon.com, etc. Any water-filled compass is fine.